Are you often called upon to play low D or B notes but don't want to switch to a 5 string? You're in good company. That's why the BT2 has been a not so secret weapon of elite bass players since 1982. The ability to instantly drop the tuning of your low string and then back again with the flip of a lever is a great way to keep the gigs coming! The BT2 is a direct replacement for the Schaller® BMF tuner that was first found on CBS era Fender® basses manufactured between 1967 and 1982. Since then, the BMF tuner has been featured on countless boutique builds and Custom Shop models.
- Drop a Major 2nd (E-D) and if your strings have standard thickness cores, you can go as low as a 4th (E-B)
- DoubleStop feature gives you a tuning position between the high and low for a total of three tunings on one string
- Robust stamped and machined steel construction
- 27:1 tuning ratio
- Fits 11/16" (17.5mm) headstock holes
- Adjustable tension nylon bearing system
- Stainless steel key prevents tarnishing and rust where you touch the tuner the most
- Available in clover or lollipop key styles
- Mounting hardware included
- Available in black, nickel, and gold finishes
Schaller® is a trademark of Schaller Electronic GmbH. Hipshot Products, Inc. is not associated with Schaller Electronic GmbH.
Fender® and Squier® are registered trademarks of FMIC. Hipshot is not affilicated with FMIC.